Assistant Project Manager
We are looking for a full-time Assistant Project Manager for our Muskegon, MI office. Supporting heavy civil & foundation projects in the high voltage electrical sector. Candidates will be assisting in the day to day operations of specific construction projects and completing them in a safe, cost effective, and timely manner. Participate in the project’s organization, scheduling, budgeting and implementation. Reviewing project documentation and drawings. Completing quantity takeoffs, preparing estimates and developing proposal documents. Participate in the conceptual development of a construction project.
- Complete quantity takeoffs based on bid documents & drawings.
- Assist in obtaining material and subcontractor pricing for bids.
- Complete bid proposal letters and deliverable documentation.
- Create project submittal packages.
- Maintain project close out documentation.
- Develop project cost estimates & participate in bid reviews.
- Participate in pre-bid meetings and site walks across operating region (Midwest States).
- Build and track project budgets based on estimates and complete weekly project meetings with field crews.
- Complete monthly billing projections and submit invoicing with assistance from accounting department.
- Complete RFI inquiries and coordinate all changes with field crews.
- Lead weekly project progress meetings with field crews and customer representatives.
- Assist field crews with pre-job handoff meetings including drawing distribution, PO executions for materials and subcontractors.
- Develop project specific safety plans and update with field crew impute based on field changes.
- Coordinate miss dig surveys as part of project startup.
- Provide/maintain photo and video documentation of projects.
- Pickup & deliver materials or tooling to field crews at project locations.
- Assist in survey or layout of project control points utilizing total station or GPS units.
- Other duties on an as needed basis.
- Regular, consistent and predictable attendance.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills
- Associates or Bachelor of Science in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Environmental or other related fields.
- OSHA 30 Certified preferred but will train if necessary.
- MI-DEQ Soil Erosion Control and Best Management Practice Certified.
- Natural leader with strong communication skills, ability to speak in front of large groups and customers.
- Attentive with strong time management skills, able to prioritize and manage multiple projects.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, Accubid, P6 scheduling, Procore, Dropbox, Blue Beam
- Experience with operating or working around heavy equipment including but not limited to (skidsteers, wheel loaders, excavators, cranes & drills).
- Knowledge with concrete mix designs, form work design & placement applications.
- Ability to interpret geotechnical investigation reports and identify differing subsoil conditions.
Competitive salary and benefit package. Please send a cover letter and your resume to moc.cirtcele-krikwen@sreerac.