Assistant Project Manager - Muskegon, MI
We are looking for a full-time Assistant Project Manager for our Muskegon, MI office. This position is on the Project Management training track. Responsibilities include: assisting in preparing cost estimates for construction projects for bidding; Participating in the conceptual development of a construction project; Participating in the project's organization, scheduling, budgeting, and implementation. Position also assists in the day to day operations of specific construction projects and completing them in a safe, cost effective, and timely manner.
- Assist in preparing estimates.
- Take off materials from drawings and specifications.
- Assist in requesting material and equipment package pricing.
- Prepare request for quotes for subcontractors to use to bid on portions of projects that we do not self-perform.
- Enter estimate take off’s, material, equipment and subcontractor pricing into Accubid Pro (We will provide training).
- Extend and mark up pricing.
- Prepare required bid documents that may be required to accompany bids.
- Hold bid review meetings.
- Submit Bids.
- Upon award assist in preparing necessary Pre- Job Planning tools such as “PJP’s” and “PSSP’s” (Project Specific Safety Plan).
- Prepare product data submittals when required.
- Set up job budgets in Timberline, including cost codes (we will provide training).
- Assist in preparing Schedule of Values.
- Prepare schedule (we will provide the scheduler to work with).
- Schedule Pre-Job Planning Meeting, write the agenda for this meeting and conduct the meeting.
- Assist in Pricing and submit change order requests using “EWO’s” Extra Work Orders.
- Maintain EWO log.
- Attend Progress Meetings on site.
- Other duties on an as needed basis.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills
- Accubid, Word, Excel, Timberline software knowledge
- Degree in Construction Management or equivalent years of experience
- Organization, planning, and prioritizing work
- Communicating with customers, supervisors, crews, or peers
- Leadership skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
Competitive salary and benefit package. Please send a cover letter and your resume to moc.cirtcele-krikwen@sreerac.