Electrical Engineer (BSEE) Engineering Tech (BSEET-EET) - Muskegon, MI
Theka Engineering, a subsidiary of Newkirk Electric, is seeking qualified candidates for full-time systems control design and integration at an industrial and utility level. Projects include gas compression, gas fueled engine control, general plant control, safety monitoring and control. Participate in the conceptual development of a project, cost estimating, overall project organization, scheduling, implementation, and startup/troubleshooting. Contributing to a team environment, utilizing shared resources, and operating in an efficient and organized manner are all aspects expected of this position.
- Job duties include PLC logic programming, Human-machine interface programming (HMI), SCADA design, schematic generating, control panel design, and interfacing to multiple control systems.
- Specify equipment using current build standards and expected level of delivered product.
- Create material and labor estimates for a project.
- Create panel designs including schematics, wire diagrams, panel layout, and budgeting using the panel shop time program HMI, PLC, and network interfaces to perform all tasks in a structured and reliable manner.
- Create field installation instructions, drawings, and schedules to integrate system designs.
- Commission systems designed by working with field personnel and outside vendors.
- Accountable for maintaining customer relationships, integrating project needs within a budget, and controlling a project from conception to completion.
- Commission, startup, and troubleshoot installed systems to maintain operational status of customer equipment.
- Modify installed systems to incorporate desired features or changes.
- Responsibilities include organizing, planning, documenting, and prioritizing work in an efficient manner.
- Expected qualifications are either a BSEE level or highly skilled EET level. This position ranges from college graduates with no field experience to applicants with up to 10 years of related experience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office products including Word, Excel, Project, and Outlook.
- Programming using PLC and HMI programming of Allen Bradley, GE Fanuc systems, and other non-typical systems. Quick pickup of new systems and programming style required.
- Ability to communicate clearly with customers, supervisors, and peers.
- Leadership, problem solving, logic progression, math, budgeting, attention to detail, and marketing skill are highly sought-after traits of the applicant.
- Inquisitive personality, wide skill set, and always advancing in knowledge is a highly sought-after trait in this position.
Please send a cover letter and your resume to moc.cirtcele-krikwen@sreerac.