Electrical Engineer (BSEE) Engineering Tech (BSEET-EET) – PLC and Controls - Muskegon, MI
Theka Engineering, a subsidiary of Newkirk Electric, is seeking qualified candidates for full-time Electrical Engineers and Engineering Techs at an industrial and utility level. Projects include power system design, gas fueled engine control, general plant control, safety monitoring and system design. Participate in the conceptual development of a project, cost estimating, overall project organization, scheduling, implementation, and startup/troubleshooting. Contributing to a team environment, utilizing shared resources, and operating in an efficient and organized manner are all aspects expected of this position.
- Job duties include controls development, PLC code programming, HMI code programming, SCADA system development, schematic generating, and interfacing to multiple control systems of various manufacturers.
- Create panel designs including equipment specification, schematics, wire diagrams, panel layout, and budgeting to perform all tasks in a structured and reliable manner.
- Create field installation instructions, drawings, and schedules to integrate system designs.
- Commission systems designed by working with field personnel and outside vendors.
- Accountable for maintaining customer relationships, integrating project needs within a budget, and controlling a project from conception to completion.
- Troubleshoot installed systems to maintain operational status of customer equipment.
- Modify installed systems to incorporate desired features or changes.
- Responsibilities include organizing, planning, documenting, and prioritizing work in an efficient manner while working in a team-based environment.
- Expected qualifications are either a BSEE level or highly skilled EET level. This position includes college graduates with no field work experience and applicants with up to 10 years of related experience.
- Experience in PLC systems by Allen Bradley, GE Fanuc, and others. Experience with HMI programming with Allen Bradley, GE Fanuc, and third-party systems.
- SCADA system design and integration on various platforms.
- Ability to communicate clearly with customers, supervisors, and peers.
- Leadership, problem solving, logic progression, budgeting, attention to detail, and marketing skill are highly sought after traits of the applicant.
Competitive salary and benefit package.
- Some travel required, not extensive and dependent on project startups.
Please send a cover letter and your resume to moc.cirtcele-krikwen@sreerac.