We are seeking a full-time mechanic to perform maintenance on automotive or Heavy Construction Equipment. Diagnostic and repair of hydraulic systems, diesel/gas engines, hydraulic/air brakes, electrical, and chassis. Diagnose heavy equipment, adjust, repair, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment, such as cranes, bulldozers, trenchers, knuckle booms, etc. used in construction. Previous experience, welding, DOT inspections, and a CDL Class a Driver’s License are pluses.
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions to determine required repairs, using engine diagnostic equipment such as computerized test equipment and calibration devices.
- Dismantle and reassemble heavy equipment using hoists and hand tools.
- Operate and inspect machines or heavy equipment to diagnose defects.
- Repair and replace damaged or worn parts.
- Test mechanical products and equipment after repair or assembly to ensure proper performance and compliance with manufacturers' specifications.
- Clean, lubricate, and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment and vehicles.
- Read and understand operating manuals, blueprints, and technical drawings.
- Overhaul and test machines or equipment to ensure operating efficiency.
- Fit bearings to adjust, repair, or overhaul mobile mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment.
- Examine parts for damage or excessive wear, using micrometers and gauges.
- Shop maintenance and cleaning.
- Other duties assigned by management.
- Must hold a valid U.S. driver’s license.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test.
- Must have own tools.
Submit Your Resume
- Please send resumes to moc.cirtcele-krikwen@sreerac
- Or to Newkirk Electric, 1875 Roberts Street, Muskegon, MI 49442