Panel Wireman - Electrical Technician
Newkirk Electric/Theka Engineering is looking for a full-time Panel Wireman to join our Engineering Department. Primary responsibility involved with panel shop operations and construction/wiring of industrial and utility style control panels. Panel construction may range from new construction, modification of existing panels, some on-site construction, and mostly in-house panel construction. Panel work will include mounting equipment, extremely neat wiring of equipment, reading and understanding schematics and wire diagrams, using utility and common industrial practices in panel construction. Working with a wide variety of tooling required. Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Read, understand, and troubleshoot electrical schematics, wire diagrams, 1-line and 3-line diagrams.
- Manage general shop material and maintain adequate stock. Maintain neat work environment.
- Manage project specific material in an organized and neat fashion.
- Handle expensive equipment in a careful manner.
- Work closely with engineering staff/CAD to complete projects on expected schedule.
- Understand wiring processes and identify errors. Accuracy and neat wiring practices required.
- Understand quality of work and implications of costs related to mistakes and rework.
- Ability to follow complex instructions and diagrams.
- Ability to work effectively as a team or independently with minimal oversight.
- Positive interactions with staff, customers, and other vendors required.
- Diagnose, test, or analyze the performance of components, assemblies, or systems.
- Set up and operate standard or specialized testing equipment.
- Supervise the construction or testing of electrical prototypes, per general instructions and established standards.
- Review electrical engineering plans to ensure adherence to design specifications and compliance with applicable electrical codes and standards.
- Install electrical control systems, industrial automation systems, or electrical equipment, including control circuits, variable speed drives, or programmable logic controllers.
- Read, learn, understand all types of control systems that may be of new or old design as well as utility style protective relay panels.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree is an acceptable education, but not required for this position. Two or more years of experience will be highly considered for this position over education.
- The position requires physical conditioning to allow shop and some field work. Physical requirements include, but are not limited to: Sitting, standing for long periods, walking, lifting/carrying objects from 25-50lbs.
Submit Your Resume
Competitive salary and benefit package. Please send a cover letter and your resume to moc.cirtcele-krikwen@sreerac.