Purchasing Agent - Muskegon, MI
Newkirk Electric is seeking a full-time Purchasing Agent in its Muskegon office. This is a fast-paced environment and requires accuracy and attention to detail. Responsibilities include procurement of materials, equipment, subcontractors, and supplies; negotiating/coordinating shipping schedules with vendors; working with Project Managers for pricing of materials, equipment, subcontractors, and supplies; and managing incoming material/inventory.
- Work directly with Project Managers for bid/job pricing of materials, equipment, subcontractors, and supplies.
- Effectively understand and communicate with the field personnel materials or services required and their procurement time frame.
- Negotiate with vendors for the purchase of all materials, supplies, equipment and services.
- Create, review, and submit purchase orders in a timely manner.
- Coordinate shipping schedule with vendors.
- Manage incoming material/inventory and follow up with suppliers on delivery requirements.
- Troubleshoot discrepancies between the purchase orders and material packers/invoice.
- 3-5 years’ experience in procurement with strong working knowledge of electrical materials, equipment and procedures to be able to independently and effectively communicate with Project Managers and Technicians regarding jobs, quotes, or billing.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong time management skills - Understand levels of importance in daily tasks and/or ask for guidance on what tasks are most important
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and relationship-building skills
- Strong computer skills including experience with accounting software (currently Sage 300), electronic filing software (currently OnBase), Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook and any other software that may be utilized in the accounting department
Submit Your Resume
- Competitive salary and benefits package. Please send your resume to moc.cirtcele-krikwen@sreerac.
- Or to Newkirk Electric, 1875 Roberts Street, Muskegon, MI 49442