Substation Estimator - Muskegon, MI
We are looking for a full-time Substation Estimator for our Muskegon, MI office. Responsibilities include preparing cost estimates / execution plans for substation construction projects, submitting bid information, and participating in pre-project planning activities after project award.
- Utilize bid plans and specifications to complete project cost estimates for small to large-scale substation construction projects.
- Attend and participate in pre-bid customer meetings outlining requirements for project bids.
- Create, distribute, and manage request-for-quote documents related to sub-contracted scope required for project estimates.
- Work with purchasing department and equipment packagers to develop current and accurate material pricing for project estimates.
- Utilize Accubid software system to construct all project estimates.
- Schedule and hold bid review meetings with project execution groups prior to bid finalization / submittal.
- Develop and accurately submit required bid information based upon customer specified requirements.
- After award, perform project hand-off meeting with project management / execution groups.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills
- Must have minimum 2 years of experience in the heavy construction field (Electrical or Industrial preferred). This may include the estimating, management, or execution of project scope.
- Must communicate effectively and professionally with customers, suppliers, subcontractors, and coworkers.
- Must have ability to analyze and solve complex problems.
- Must be able to meet to strict deadlines while managing and prioritizing task list.
- Must possess high attention to detail.
- Will be required to utilize Accubid, Trello, Microsoft Word / Excel / PowerPoint / Outlook, and Procore software solutions.
- Must possess strong and cooperative leadership skills.
Competitive salary and benefit package. Please send a cover letter and your resume to moc.cirtcele-krikwen@sreerac.