Newkirk Electric is seeking experienced tower climber candidates for employment in its Telecommunications Division. As one of the largest and most established cellular tower contractors in the Midwest, Newkirk Electric offers candidates the opportunity to join an highly motivated team of construction professionals who thrive on a fast-paced, exciting job environment, and aren’t afraid of heights, travel and hard work. The Tower Climber position has an excellent salary and benefits. Most of the work is in the Michigan/Indiana markets.
Job duties include climbing and performing work on cell towers typically 350’ or less, and performing work on the ground. Day to day activities include:
- Rigging ropes on the tower
- Installing coaxial cable or hybrid fiber/power cable
- Attaching pipes to steel cross members
- Attaching antennas to the pipes
- Drilling holes in steel
- Mounting boxes to the tower
- Grounding systems
- Loading/unloading material, tools/equipment, supplies and layout/prep for work at site
- Climbing experience/ability required. Tower climbing or related experience (tree work, power poles/lineman school, etc.)
- Cellular experience a plus (coax & fiber cables, grounding, sweep testing, etc.)
- Tower climbing/rescue certification a plus, or will be provided by Company.
- Must hold a valid U.S. driver’s license
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment and random drug tests
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position
- Must be able to climb towers, ladders and work at heights on tower, aerial lift, ladder
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds minimum
- Must be able to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions
Competitive salary and benefit package. Please send your resume to moc.cirtcele-krikwen@sreerac.