Training is a critical piece of the S.A.F.E. program and it begins with hiring the most qualified technicians who have undergone a rigorous 4-5 year classroom based and hands-on apprenticeship program. This training is supplemented with Newkirk's own in-house training programs which cover a variety of safety topics including general safety, equipment-specific training, and duty-specific training.
- Safety Orientation
- Safety Training Matrix-tracks training needs
- OSHA 10 and 30 hour training for field supervisors/foremen
- In-house training and out-sourced training on additional topics
- First Aid, CPR, Fire Safety, Forklift, PPE, Hazcom, Emergency Procedures, Equipment training, Hi-lift training
- Annual Training and Re-certifications
- Weekly Toolbox Talks